- BNAIC/Benelearn 2020 is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any conference venue, including talks. Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers.
- Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, etcetera.
- Sexual images in public spaces.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following.
- Harassing photography or recording.
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events.
- Inappropriate physical contact.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour.
- Conference participants asked to stop any harassing behaviour are expected to comply immediately. In particular, presenters or demo’s should not use sexualised images, activities, or other material.
- If a participant engages in harassing behaviour, event organisers retain the right to take any actions to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund.
- Event organisers may take action to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participants.
- We expect participants to follow these rules at all (online) event venues and event-related social activities. We think people should follow these rules outside event activities too!
- If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This email address is monitored by Marloes van der Nat (one of the co-organisers of BNAIC/Benelearn 2020) throughout the duration of the event. Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of our event for everyone. We want you to be happy at our event. People like you make our event a better place. You can make a report either personally or anonymously.
- You can make an anonymous report here, where you can leave the fields for your name and contact details empty. We can’t follow up an anonymous report with you directly, but we will fully investigate it and take whatever action is necessary to prevent a recurrence. This form will be active until three months after the end of the event. If you still wish to report after that, please contact us through email.
- You can make a personal report by either filling in this form or emailing us at email@example.com. This email address will be continuously monitored during the event, by Marloes van der Nat. The form will be active until three months after the end of the event. If you still wish to report after that, please contact us through email.